Hendricks County Disc Golf Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hendricks County Disc Golf Club

Forum for discussion regarding disc golf in central Indiana, and beyond

2 posters

NWW - Early Morning Rounds

bmeyaard
    bmeyaard

NWW - Early Morning Rounds Empty NWW - Early Morning Rounds

Post  bmeyaard Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:44 pm

John and I met up for a 6:30a tee time this morning, and it was a really great round. Little to no wind, very few walkers, not too muggy until the rain started to let loose on hole 16...

Ping me if you want to play a one-time round or get a regular thing going before work on weekdays. I want to play at least once a week in the morning, and my goal will be to be done with the round by 7:30-8:00a to make it in to work without any disruption.

-Ben
    Bill

NWW - Early Morning Rounds Empty Re: NWW - Early Morning Rounds

Post  Bill Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:22 pm

I'd be interested in playing an occasional early morning round. --Bill Riemenschneider
    bmeyaard
    bmeyaard

Post  bmeyaard Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:37 pm

The sheer volume of Walkers got to me this morning... I played 1-5 and then walked off in frustration after waiting 5+ minutes on the tee of #6. I just couldn't throw because there wasn't an opening between people that I felt comfortable with!

On the plus side, I had a tee shot on #2 that hit the basket! The lady walking by saw me jumping up and down, and shouted "addictive, isn't it!"

geek
    bmeyaard
    bmeyaard

Post  bmeyaard Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Played again this morning, and that is three times in a row that people have stopped while walking and said things like "what game is that you are playing?" and "I always wondered what those baskets were for".

The walkers who are there every day seem to be taking note that we are playing AND watching us when we throw. They have all been very polite, and we go out of our way to say good morning and give them deference when throwing.

I think the regular use of the course like this (scheduled, consistent, polite, etc) will really bring out the ability to use this course at the same time as the other people, without the fear of someone being oblivious to a large flying disc.

I am up for 1-2 weekday mornings if anyone wants to set a scheduled day on the calendar. Perhaps we can get the HCDGC bag tags there and playing regularly?
    -Ben

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:36 pm